Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood block flooring, glue or nail?

Options
  • 29-07-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

After a long absence from carpentry I wish to ask which would you recommend.
    I'm going to lay a wood block floor in herring bone pattern. I've layer acres of flooring in the past but only did the above in single figures.
    I for the above used glue all, with no secret nailing. The length was about 8" per block. Customers were happy and so was I, indeed checked up on one from the midd 90's and its flying. After watching some YouTube items I would like to use my nailer as its quicker and less on the knees :-)
    Anyone have a strong preference either way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I have done plenty of floors but never herring bone. I would of thought to glue it. Would the portanailer be a bit big. I suppose you can get them running on air now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Yep glued them all but when you see them fly with nailer you think why bother.

Advertisement