Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Jason Newsted

Options
  • 29-07-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

I figured a thread was needed for Jason Newsted and his self titled solo project, so here it is

The new album Heavy Metal Music (Released August 5th on Spinefarm) is streaming via Metal Hammer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Newsted was probably my fav Metallica member, yes, even higher than old Jaymz!!!

This new Newsted material is what i want Metallica to be but it'll never happen, fav song is Soldierhead

Hope he comes to Ireland soon, would be there in a heartbeat.

Here's the full set from Sonisphere Madrid this year

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You can hear bits of Metallica's influence on the album... Would be amazing if he did come to Ireland

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Gave it a listen there, really good album. Would definitely got to a gig if there was one here.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Saw Newsted supporting Mastodon in Antwerp and they put on a serious show. Got to chat with Jason for a bit after, absolute gentleman, happy to chat with fans and pose for pictures. Got talking with his tour manager as well and asked if an Irish date is in the pipeline, looks like 2014 at the moment.

Jason and his band have rejoined Megadeth's Gigantour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Picked up the album yesterday and I'm very impressed with it. Lyrically it's very simple, too simple at times, but it's a damn fine metal record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

just listening to it now, very good.

He sounds like a mix between Lemmy and Dave Mustaine on the first track vocally...

Much better than anything Metallica have brought out in the past decade (or more)

gig would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is this available in any shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

....or are there any shops left that sell CDs!

Well it finally happened, Jason Newsted joined Megadeth onstage at the last GIGANTOUR show in Toronto, they played Phantom Lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I love Jason but that was a bit **** tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anyone else think of Clerks?

seachto7 wrote: »
    ....or are there any shops left that sell CDs!

The Sound Cellar in Dublin does

Did anyone catch the interview with Jason on Scuzz last night?? It was pretty interesting.

I missed the last half hour or so, so if anyione has a Youtube link, could they post it up here??

Ta

It isn't on Youtube yet, also interesting that Jason mentioned in it that he made his decision to leave Metallica on the 27th of September 2000

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It isn't on Youtube yet, also interesting that Jason mentioned in it that he made his decision to leave Metallica on the 27th of September 2000

Aye. I think his last gig was October 2001 at some Music Awards Ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Did anyone catch the interview with Jason on Scuzz last night?? It was pretty interesting.

I missed the last half hour or so, so if anyione has a Youtube link, could they post it up here??

Ta

It has just started on scuzz now.

Dargull wrote: »
    It has just started on scuzz now.

Missed it again, dammit.

January 2001 actually :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This was it,VH1 Awards in late 2000 iirc.

• Advertisement

Jason's interview as part of Scuzz Meets....

“I’ve never told this story, I’m not sure if I should tell it now, actually. There was a lot leading up to it through time … The very upside-down thing that I don’t think anybody knows; the management of Metallica was very, very excited about Echobrain [one of Newsted's side projects], wanted to take it out for me, wanted me to do Echobrain also, with Metallica. They felt Echobrain was that good, the singer was that good, and it didn’t affect Metallica because it was a totally different kind of thing, and I was in Metallica; that would give it it’s pedigree already.”

“And so they had told me, pretty convincingly, ‘This is a great record, we’ve been playing it around the office, that’s all I’ve been hearing, it’s fantastic, this kid has a great voice. Let’s do something with this.’ That’s what they told me, and then James [Hetfield] heard about it and was not happy. He was, I think, pretty much out to put the kibosh on the whole thing because it would somehow affect Metallica in his eyes, because now the managers were interested in something I was doing that had nothing to do with him.”

“I have no idea what [Hetfield] was thinking, other than just protecting what he valued, just like he does; that’s his thing. He protects what he loves, squeezes it too hard, like he said himself. Squeeze it too hard, protecting it too much. That’s where I was coming from. The people that I had counted on for 15 years to help me with my career, help Metallica, take care of my money, do all of those things, told me, ‘Your new project is fantastic, we’d like to help you with it.’ James heard about it, the manager calls me back a couple of days later — ‘Sorry we’re not going to be able to help you with that Echobrain thing.’”

Testament & Newsted official Sidewave shows announced

1891055_700367986670110_1204802039_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Testament & Newsted official Sidewave shows announced

1891055_700367986670110_1204802039_n.jpg

That would be a cracking gig to be at.

Testament are on the back of a couple of very good albums, and have always been a great live act.

Jason Newsted has cancelled all his shows for February & March

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/bummer-alert/jason-newsted-cancels-all-february-march-shows
    “NEWSTED METALHEADS- Due to private and personal circumstances, we sincerely regret to inform you that The NEWSTED Band is unable to perform in February & March as scheduled…Our deepest apologies for any inconvenience to you.

We are all gutted by this turn of events. Our hope is that we will have another opportunity to share our Heavy Music with you all again sometime in the near future. I’m sorry, Sisters & Brothers, We were really looking forward to these shows too…

L I S T E N T O M E T A L
    J”

Bumping this

Jason Newsted Reveals Events That Led to His Shutting Down Self-Titled Band

http://loudwire.com/jason-newsted-reveals-events-led-to-shutting-down-self-titled-band/?trackback=blogroll_widget-latest-news

• Registered Users Posts: 28 1gealach4

*Bumping this.

Jason did his first gig in 7 years earlier this year. By all accounts he's forming a new band.. would absolutely love to see him live.

Jason Newsted Starting a ‘Heavy’ New Band, Auditioning Guitarists (loudwire.com)

Post edited by 1gealach4 on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 28 1gealach4

Been watching / listening to it. He's awesome... consistently good. Hoping he gets the band back together & does a tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I had big hopes for the band from Rockstar Supernova

• Advertisement
Advertisement