Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phileas Fogg snacks

Options
  • 29-07-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Back in the late 80's these were the only tortilla chips you could get in ireland, but the other day for whatever reason the Mignons Morceaux popped in my head, which were a bit harder to find, but nonetheless tasty.

I'd love to taste these again, but i dont think they're made anymore. this site from 1998 lists the entire range.

anyone else remember them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Back in the late 80's these were the only tortilla chips you could get in ireland, but the other day for whatever reason the Mignons Morceaux popped in my head, which were a bit harder to find, but nonetheless tasty.

I'd love to taste these again, but i dont think they're made anymore. this site from 1998 lists the entire range.

anyone else remember them?

I just loved those Mignons Morceaux! Haven't seen them since the mid-90s though :( I suppose baking a garlic baguette to an inch of it's lie would be a poor substitute? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Legendary snacks those. You can get similar things in M&S but they are pricey and come in pathetically small packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

The company was bought in the 90's & then again by KP. Their snacks are still available in England, Sainsburys I believe distribute them.
    Punjab Puri was my favourite, but alas they have moved on & have introduced new flavors to the range

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The hot ones in the black pack were the biz.

used to get them in marks & sparks

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Used to love these!

mignons-morceaux.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

"Made in Medomsley Road, Consett"

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Still available in the north in most (if not all) of the U.K. supermarkets in the north if you're ever up there.

I haven't checked myself for this item, but try Amazon as well for this kind of thing.

No mingons though! Pity - they were amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Intersnack, who now own Tayto, own them. Tayto are fairly decent at picking up social media trends etc. Might be worth twitter bombarding them!

Advertisement