Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHQ

Options
  • 29-07-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭

9377371220_a5d0150481_c.jpg

9374592439_3e3fa32293_c.jpg

9377375800_07aa91c365_c.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i like the first one (mainly because of the palettes being attacked by a space invader), but the other two don't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Sorry, I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm not sure what the theme is meant to be, or what message that you're trying to convey.

I'm assuming it's the location of "C"s new HQ, but not sure who or what "C" is. I'm assuming it's the shop that you've taken photos of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

the_syco wrote: »
    not sure who or what "C" is

http://www.chq.ie/

I 'kinda' like them, the quietly resigned desolation and neatly stacked post celtic tiger tristesse. But maybe I'm surrounded by enough of that in the empty shop units I see every day for them to really register. Maybe that's the point...

I prefer your holiday snaps.

Edit: I'm not discounting the possibility that they don't have a point and we're being passive aggressively trolled in the politest way possible... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

I like the patterns of light across the empty shop floors. I believe there's even a rainbow to be found in the third one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

would these images not have been obtained illegally (not trying to jump on a high horse or anything) .... but correct me if I'm wrong they are taken within the building through the glass of the "empty" units.

suppose the main thoroughfare would have public access - but does that mean you are permitted to photograph anywhere you can walk/access as a member of the public ??

did the security not say anything to you ?

on a side note - if you were to use these images in an exhibition or sell them as prints.... could you (technically) be sued by the owners etc of the chq building ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Corkbah wrote: »
    would these images not have been obtained illegally (not trying to jump on a high horse or anything) .... but correct me if I'm wrong they are taken within the building through the glass of the "empty" units.

the CHQ ran into all kinds of financial difficuctlies - in the world we live in I think Daire was well within his rights to take a few photographs of a changing Dublin landscape today - the problem with the Irish state today , we are so quick to prosecute people for petty crimes , but do something major and we are so slow to act. Anyway I'm no legal expert , but with the financial difficulties surroundng the CHQ and other developments around the docklands, and the various planning corruptions & meltdowns around other parts of Dublin, a few photographs should be the least of our worries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Corkbah wrote: »
    on a side note - if you were to use these images in an exhibition or sell them as prints.... could you (technically) be sued by the owners etc of the chq building ??
    on what basis? an expectation of privacy, copyright,...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

They're two issues really, the first, taking the picture, and the second distinct issue is the -usage- of said photos.
    There were no signs that I could see prohibiting photography and had I been asked to stop I would have of course. The entire area is private property.
    The other issue, actual usage of the shots, I'm less clear on. I'd imagine I'd need some sort of property release to use them commercially but for editorial and fine art use I guess I'd be ok, though I'm open to correction on that.

Advertisement