Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night Skate Dublin

Options
  • 29-07-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm aiming to set up a weekly friday night skate in dublin. The event is free and volunteer run. Our first even will hopefully be this friday, weather dependant. To get involved please join our facebook and twitter. Any questions please ask. Want to get involved, pm me.

https://www.facebook.com/skatedublin

https://twitter.com/SkateDublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

Defenitely will be a great event, but sadly I am not in Dublin but was planning something quite similiar to this in London, any tips and suggestions will be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Eli Nich wrote: »
    Defenitely will be a great event, but sadly I am not in Dublin but was planning something quite similiar to this in London, any tips and suggestions will be helpful.

There's the London friday night skate which has been running for years now. They do skates, on wednesday, friday (main one), saturday for beginners and a sunday one.

www.lfns.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 39 burkulosis

Hey, is this still going?? Can't seem to find it on Facebook :/

Stop running due to lack of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 39 burkulosis

Awwwwww no way :( I've just moved to Dublin and was really looking fwd to getting involved!

Do u know of any other skating club in Dublin, or do u have any suggestions of where is good to skate? I'm a quad skater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,408 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Stop running due to lack of interest

You didn't give it long enough. You should have kept at it

Yes because organising a skate event and having no one show up is the best way to get started. I might start it again next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

I think it's a great idea and had strapped my skates back on after a long hiatus in an effort to get my endurance up enough for a road skate.

I think that maybe starting earlier in the summer next year might be a help alright. The evenings closing in aren't going to be good to a newbie outdoor event.

I will give you a hand in organising/marketing next summer. Please send me a DM!

Advertisement