Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch alarm info

Options
  • 29-07-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm but wasn't given the codes when i bought the house. I contacted the guy who installed the alarm and he gave me a code but that set the alarm off. So i disconnected a yellow wire from the circuit board and that knocked off the alarm. If i reconnect the wire the alarm goes off. I've tried 01111 and 04567 but no luck.

This was a few years ago and I want to get the alarm working again - how much would it cost to reset the alarm and get it tested / working?

Thanks all

B
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi .
    If the code is unknown you will have to try default the system. This will involve having to reprogramme everything if it works.

Turn off the mains power .
    Open the panel by removing the screw at the top centre of the panel
    When you have removed that, the lid will open down towards you.
    locate the small black plastic link marked LK1. Its near the very centre of the PCB board.
    Remove that & disconnect the 2 leads from the battery sitting at the bottom of the panel.
    The keypad should now be blank. (The external siren may be ringing now, ignore for now.)

Now replace the mains fuse to power up the panel. If the alarm rings press 01111
    If the system disarms its successfully defaulted. If it doesn't it is engineer locked & you will need an engineer to reset it for you.
    I'll send you the manual as well, this will help you with programming the panel again. If you need any help give us a shout & we'll go through it for you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭feartheclaw

Thanks Koolkid, really appreciate this.

I tried this before and didn't get anywhere. I think I would need someone to come have a look at it. Any recommendations and price estimate? I'm in Dublin 8

B

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around would be my advice. Prices would vary from €50-€60 up to €100 -€150
    Don't let them take it off to HKC to get it unlocked, HKC will charge for this as well & the engineer will add it on to your charge. This is an easy job & can be done on site in less than half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭feartheclaw

Sorry for late follow up on this. Anyone know anyone who can do this job?
    Thanks
    Brian

Advertisement