Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Pints

Options
  • 29-07-2013 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Are bloody ****e. Are they using slop? Why does the bar at the Hill close as soon as the second half starts ffs :rolleyes:
    Do they like having to make people bring there own Vodka into the games. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Agreed. Stick to the Stella Cidre, best of a bad bunch, but only after you've lined your stomach! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,419 ✭✭✭✭cson

Expensive too at €5.30, just make it an even €5!

But I'd imagine the GAA have sold the catering contract so its out of their hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Why can't it just stay open until after the game ffs. Some people enjoy a few pints. Nancy state bull**** again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They do the same at PL games and NFL games I have been to in Wembley. Frustrating for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Have a drink before or after the game. If you want a pint during the game, stay in the pubs. With the quality and price factors added in, that is even more reason to do so. The only thing to buy in Croke Park is a programme. Bring food with you and have a drink before or after in a different location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

ah ted you must be from Dublin, us culchies bring the ham sandwich, bag a tayto, and a fizzy drink and a flask for the whiskey from the local dunnes before we venture on the road to the big shmoke.
    none of that going into bar stuff for the likes of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Flukey wrote: »
    Have a drink before or after the game. If you want a pint during the game, stay in the pubs. With the quality and price factors added in, that is even more reason to do so. The only thing to buy in Croke Park is a programme. Bring food with you and have a drink before or after in a different location.

You write the book on 'nanny states'?

kupus wrote: »
    ah ted you must be from Dublin, us culchies bring the ham sandwich, bag a tayto, and a fizzy drink and a flask for the whiskey from the local dunnes before we venture on the road to the big shmoke.
    none of that going into bar stuff for the likes of us!

Yes I am from Dublin and I too bring the sandwiches, drinks and crisps with me. Us Dubs have to eat and drink too you know. It helps to line the stomach for the pints elsewhere afterwards too. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

The pints are nice in the corporate box! I was only there once, haven't been allowed back since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Flukey wrote: »

No thanks. I usually have a pint before I take my seat and then a quick one at half time, no harm done. You stick to your warm bottle of 7up if you want!

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »
    No thanks. I usually have a pint before I take my seat and then a quick one at half time, no harm done. You stick to your warm bottle of 7up if you want!

I never bring 7 Up, and what I bring isn't warm, especially at the league matches. A bag of King crisps are nicer than Tayto. I'd rarely have a pint before a game, never at half time, but often have a good few after amidst discussions of the matches of the day and other topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

2 pints during 1st match, halftime pint - 1 pint before 2nd (Dublin) match .. the seal usually breaks around 20 mins later ... off to the wee wee house about 3-4 times as you piss twice the amount you drink doncha ? then that's me, hate getting up during the match :P

Advertisement