Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pay as you go network?

Options
  • 28-07-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34 mrpockets09

Im buying an unlocked smartphone, what would be the best network for internet and texts? 3 looks good with all you can eat data?
    Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The networks tweak their offerings all the time, there is no overall 'best' network.

The answer to your question depends on how much data you need and how many texts you will send each month and that's before getting into voice calls. Without giving your requirements, nobody can answer your question.

• Stay away from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrpockets09

Well I was going more towards the data packages, and 3 seems to offer the best deal there but I have no experience with 3, is it a good network coverage wise? I'm in the country but go to college in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Well I was going more towards the data packages, and 3 seems to offer the best deal there but I have no experience with 3, is it a good network coverage wise? I'm in the country but go to college in dublin

I'd suggest you check out 48's deals.

They're excellent!

http://www.48months.ie/deal

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Depends what you want. I'm with Vodafone because they have the best coverage. Spend €20 a month and get free texts and Internet. I have €90 credit left at the moment.

If you phone and text a lot or use lots of data on smartphone you would be better off with other network or contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I'm with Tesco mobile, having tried meteor before. I top up with 25 euro a month, I get an extra 25 euro credit free, 5000 free texts a month and 15 gig of data and free Tesco to Tesco calls. I actually tether my phone to my laptop for surfing, speeds are fine. I think its a very good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Tesco's deal is *very* good.

I'm surprised Meteor or EMobile hasn't done something to compete on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I've recently switched to o2's pay as you go plan and however good the value might be, the fact that you have to choose from one of 4 plans and then strap on the other bits that you might want has me wanting to get back to three where I can just choose one package with everything in it. Can't fault the coverage or service though.

Advertisement