Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dosing sheep

Options
  • 28-07-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I am planning to to dose my ewes in 10-12 days before I put them to real good grass for flushing!
    What will I dose them for? Eg fluke, worms, vitamin, minerals, etc??? I am also dipping them!!

Will I pair all there feet? Just to have all work done before I flush them because I don't want to be disturbing them while flushing!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Dose for everything espically immature fluke, worm dose not as important for ewes, give them minerals etc and do there feet , dip n have them smellin nice for the boys .

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭farmers101

Dose for everything espically immature fluke, worm dose not as important for ewes, give them minerals etc and do there feet , dip n have them smellin nice for the boys .

Cheers...
    Did you ever use twin lamb? or what would help the amount of lambs per ewe??.

What is the period of heat for a ewe?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

we usually use a bolus about 3 weeks before letting off the rams

never had much faith in the drenches, after having tried different ones over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Have used twins plus in the past but planning on using a bolus this year, ewes come in heat every 15 to 17 days how long they stay in heat for I don't know as they don't show signs like cows bulling but id reckon for no more than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭farmers101

Are the bolus a better job? i normally give then about 4-6 weeks before lambing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement