Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VEC Help

Options
  • 28-07-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm not even sure what section to put this in, but I was wondering could someone help me with a couple of questions related to VEC ran courses.

I'm pretty sure I have secured my place on one of these courses. I am currently unemployed, so I know I am entitled to funding whilst doing the course. Is this called the BTEA or is it something similar but different?

Also can I still work part time and also get funding whilst doing a VEC course?

And lastly am I entitled to Rent allowance?

I'm 26 and unemployed since January. Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is the course a full time day course?

You can only get BTEA once the course is a full time day course and once the course is recognised by the dept of education and/or QQI

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

yes its a full time day course in GTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 woo hoo

I'm not even sure what section to put this in, but I was wondering could someone help me with a couple of questions related to VEC ran courses.

I'm pretty sure I have secured my place on one of these courses. I am currently unemployed, so I know I am entitled to funding whilst doing the course. Is this called the BTEA or is it something similar but different?

Hi, as far as I know you have to be unemployed 234 days(not including Sundays) to be able to apply for BTEA. Maybe there is some other funding available for a vec course, you will have to check with your social welfare office.

If I am wrong and you are entitled to BTEA you can work up to 20 hours.

Hopefully you will be entitled to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

vtos is another option, similar to btea

you maybe entitled to rent allowance, youd need read up the requirements before applying.

you can work p/t on btea.

Advertisement