Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda vetting - drugs offence

Options
  • 28-07-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

For what reasons would a person be denied entry into a pde course??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

I don't know the college's policies with things like this.

I really don't think it will affect your admission.
    7 years is a long time & there is always people smoking weed on the cricket pitch on sunny days. If it does, you should complain and try to appeal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 timmy1234

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    I don't know the college's policies with things like this.

I really don't think it will affect your admission.
    7 years is a long time & there is always people smoking weed on the cricket pitch on sunny days. If it does, you should complain and try to appeal it.

Thanks for replying.

I never thought that it would matter, especially because I wasn't convicted. Just it's been playing on my mind since I received the call. I've worked so hard to get where I am now. I would be devastated to be refused entry over this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I can't see this being a major issue. If you're eligible to work with young people then there's surely no reason for them to refuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think what will happen is if anything comes up on the garda vetting, then the college will make a call on whether or not to accept you on the course, depending on the offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

timmy1234 wrote: »
    For what reasons would a person be denied entry into a pde course??

See you next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement