Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong result on official Fetac statement of results..

Options
  • 28-07-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

A girl from my class received her official fetac results this week but one of the results was listed as the wrong grade..

She was originally awarded a distinction in her provisional results from the college. However, the result was changed to a merit by the external examiner. She decided to appeal the result and was successful with her appeal. So the result was put back to a distinction but when she got her official statement of results this week it was still listed as a merit. I noticed that on the fetac website the results were issued to colleges on the 16th of June, so could it be possible that the result wasn't changed prior to fetac issuing the results?

She's quite worried that it will affect her CAO offers as the offers for Round Zero are due this Thursday. I'm just wondering if anybody could provide a contact number for fetac as there is no number listed on their website.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

A girl from my class received her official fetac results this week but one of the results was listed as the wrong grade..

She was originally awarded a distinction in her provisional results from the college. However, the result was changed to a merit by the external examiner. She decided to appeal the result and was successful with her appeal. So the result was put back to a distinction but when she got her official statement of results this week it was still listed as a merit. I noticed that on the fetac website the results were issued to colleges on the 16th of June, so could it be possible that the result wasn't changed prior to fetac issuing the results?

She's quite worried that it will affect her CAO offers as the offers for Round Zero are due this Thursday. I'm just wondering if anybody could provide a contact number for fetac as there is no number listed on their website.

Thanks for any help.

U think that's bad? Try waiting two months without hearing a word whether you're appeal was successful for three modules, like I'm doing. Annoyed doesn't even come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

When I done my fetac my provisional result was a distinction in both modules of the cert, and when I got it they both said merit... I know for a fact that I got 100% on the theory, there is no way I didn't and was confirmed by my instructor at the time. I didn't realise others had the same problem, thought it was just me being silly! It is probably way too late to appeal this now. So bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

It sounds like someone in the colleges didnt bother to go back into the fetac system and change it on the computer. This should have been the colleges responsibility as far as I know.

Advertisement