Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee problem

Options
  • 28-07-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Last Friday I injured my knee playing rugby. I was advised to get it checked straight away. I went to local care doc and he reckons I've done severe damage to my ligaments and cartilage. He told me to wait a couple of days to allowing swelling to go down before going to see Physio or doctor. He said I should go to either, to get a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon.

My question is this; can I get a referral for private MRI and consultant from public HSE Physio or do I need to go to my GP? Also does anybody know approx length of waiting list for this if I go public? I assume it can't be too long? I need to be seen ASAP as I can't walk and am practically housebound!

Any info at all is appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No medical advice as per forum charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement