Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet the Boardsie Bronies

Options
  • 28-07-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

So I know it's very soon after we got the forum, but meetups are always fun. And since there's such crossover with Bronies of Ireland, and we have regular meets, and one happens to be in a week, why not invite everyone to come along?

Link to the Facebook event is below. I'll put the details in here also in a bit, for those without Facebook.

Saturday, August 3rd
    Burger King, Grafton Street

The general plan is usually wander to Smyths and Toymaster, grab some lunch, hit up Forbidden Planet and then off to the pub. Generally, we're in Messers by 4 or so. It's a good way to spend a Saturday, really.

I'll be wearing my Boards shirt so people don't have to approach randomers (other than me), which I know can be off putting. I'm wary of adding my number to Boards, but I'll keep this thread open on my phone if people want to come late or whatever, just post here.

Come on guys, you'll love it.

https://m.facebook.com/events/563756980343221#

Also, if this could possibly be stickied, that'd be awesome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Updated for full description now! You should totally come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I'll still be in Italy then. :( Would it be a bit much to ask ya to do a toast in my honor? :P

Yes it would. But sure we'll see how many from here turn up, and work from there :P

Meetup time!

September 14th
    1pm
    Burger King on Grafton Street (beside McDonalds)(subject to change)

Ya'll should come, it'll be great. C'mon, there may be pony cards if we all follow through on the proxies thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

r u serious ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    r u serious ????

3/10 for trolling. Nice effort though. :)

Not even close to a nice effort, very poor show.

Although at least it reminded me, there's a meetup on in a week.

Merrion Square

1pm Saturday 26th October

Bring cake. There will be various cakes. And there seems to be a lot of new people this time around, so this'd be a good one to jump in on.

Facebook link activate :P https://www.facebook.com/events/475129135933906/?fref=ts

Late notice, because I forgot, but there's a meetup in like ten hours. Same place, same time. C'mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Unfortunately, I'm not located in Ireland ;)
    .... just thought I'd mention that. Otherwise I'd love to go to these meet-ups :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Any more of these coming up?

I'm new to the fandom (I've only finished watching season 1), but it seems like a great fandom to be involved in.

They're more or less monthly, or whenever we feel like corralling a load of people through town. Watch this space :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Urizen wrote: »
    They're more or less monthly, or whenever we feel like corralling a load of people through town. Watch this space :P

Good stuff. Sounds like it's a good laugh.

Advertisement