Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a bad history? but no criminal record.

Options
  • 28-07-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I have no criminal record but last year I bought myself a honda civic. It had a big spoiler on the back and one of those loud exhaust (all I could afford:o). I was getting stopped twice a day somtimes. Even some of the guards told me to get rid of it because it was an 'puller'

I also had a car seized on me because it was in my brothers name but it was given back to me the next day free of charge.

I was stopped by garda with a mate and they found a 25 bag of weed on him. He admitted it was his, they took our names down and nothing more ever happened after that.

All these things happened in the space of 5 years. I was wondering how much all this could affect my application for the Garda Reserves?

On the plus side. i'm in college, have lots of community work done and havnt come to the attention of the garda in a very long time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I'm thinking you should be ok.....that weed was your mates issue not yours!

I done a few hours in castlerea because I could not pay a fine and I've been told its not looking good. Apart from that I've never been in any kind of trouble and as long as you haven't caused any serious harm you should be ok.

just be straight with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I'm thinking you should be ok.....that weed was your mates issue not yours!

I done a few hours in castlerea because I could not pay a fine and I've been told its not looking good. Apart from that I've never been in any kind of trouble and as long as you haven't caused any serious harm you should be ok.

just be straight with them :)

Your post was the reason I started this one lol. I just hope they realise I was young and a bit stupid. I'm keeping my head down big time now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Why don't you file a Garda vetting application to see what is on your file. You can see how the car you drove or your friends will effect your application. My local shop owner drives a E200 merc with a limerick reg and is pulled over left, right and centre assuming he is in a gang. But you don't want to draw attention and possible damage your potential career with the gardas over your car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

hfallada wrote: »
    Why don't you file a Garda vetting application to see what is on your file. You can see how the car you drove or your friends will effect your application. My local shop owner drives a E200 merc with a limerick reg and is pulled over left, right and centre assuming he is in a gang. But you don't want to draw attention and possible damage your potential career with the gardas over your car

I thought a vetting form only had convictions and arrests and stuff like that on it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement