Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FITTING A CLUTCH

Options
  • 27-07-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not much left on the clutch in a Ford 4600 and have to let it nearly all way out before it bites so was thinking of changing it,
    I was thinking of just getting the disc itself relined but would this sort my problem out

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

It could be as simple as adjusting the freeplay in the clutch itself.It might save you having to split the tractor.

I thought I had the service manual for it but all I can find is the Operators Manual.
    Pg 40 of the pdf has the how to and pg 41 has the diagrams if you want to check and adjust the freeplay first.
    I'm sorry I can't help you with the service manual for clutch replacement,however if you do need a clutch I would advise getting a new disc (or discs as I thought it is a multi plate clutch but I could be wrong) as opposed to relining.Just my opinion but I wouldn't be putting man hours into splitting a tractor to not put a new plate in.

Looks like I can't upload the pdf file.If you want it I'll email it to you.

Advertisement