Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPS2 boards - EEPROM replacements for the EPROMs?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

I finally got a sec to open up my CPS2 SSF2:NC which I got from Mitchomagic. While its working just fine, I tend to get bored real quick and want to tinker with any electronics I get my hands on and this board will be no different!

Gonna look about Phoenix-ing the board for the hell of it. In work I have access to a few industrial EEPROM programming units, anyone know what EEPROMs could be used as a direct replacement for the EPROMs used on CPS2 boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As posted in the other thread :pac:

You can use the ones already on the board, just wipe em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yup, I deleted that post on the thread and created a new thread so a Copy'n'Paste later...
    o1s1n wrote: »
    You can use the ones already on the board, just wipe em ;)

True, would need a UV lamp right?

Master of the Universe

Yep, need to UV erase. I remember looking up replacement chips before and they were expensive enough I think. More cost effective just to reuse the ones you already have.

Plus they'll be the original chips too! Gotta keep it as original as possible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep, need to UV erase. I remember looking up replacement chips before and they were expensive enough I think. More cost effective just to reuse the ones you already have.

Plus they'll be the original chips too! Gotta keep it as original as possible ;)

Very true that, wonder would it be hard to convert the board to something else? More research needed! :) Feckin' Google, keeps throwing up folks just wanting to send ROMs to people for flashing, no fun in that

Master of the Universe

Boards can be converted alright, most popular one to do is a Progear. Can only use certain boards to do it though.

Interesting guide with pictures here

http://ikotsu.blogspot.ie/2010/01/progear-capcom-cps2-cavecapcom-2001.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement