Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underfloor heating systems

Options
  • 27-07-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for advice/information on underfloor heating. I have a garage to the rear of my house, 17x9, that I want to turn into another room. A man cave if you like!
    I'm just wondering if anybody who has installed heating in any of their rooms would let me know a few things! Such as, how much depth is lost in the room?
    Is it worth it over conventional radiators?
    Who would you call for piped heating, a plumber?
    Can a wired system be installed under t+g flooring?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

OT but useful

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

gctest50 wrote: »
    OT but useful

I think I'll wait until I have walls, ceiling and floor type in before I go looking at colour schemes! There are one or two ideas there though so thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for advice/information on underfloor heating. I have a garage to the rear of my house, 17x9, that I want to turn into another room. A man cave if you like!
    I'm just wondering if anybody who has installed heating in any of their rooms would let me know a few things! Such as, how much depth is lost in the room?
    Is it worth it over conventional radiators?
    Who would you call for piped heating, a plumber?
    Can a wired system be installed under t+g flooring?
    Cheers

You need a plumber.
    Electric. twice as dear to run apposed to rads.
    Plan for the future, you could be spending a lot of time out there. Get good looking female plumber for advice !

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

scudo2 wrote: »
    You need a plumber.
    Electric. twice as dear to run apposed to rads.
    Get good looking female plumber for advice !

Any idea how much depth is needed? Getting married in Nov, but the builders bum would be a welcome change ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Any idea how much depth is needed? Getting married in Nov, but the builders bum would be a welcome change ;-)

For UFH, minimum 125mm insulation then either 50mm or 70mm screed depending on reaction time.
    Best practice would be 150mm insulation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Please post picture of your future wife and builders bum and we'll give you our most professional advice according to European Standards.

Advertisement