Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water problem

Options
  • 27-07-2013 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

So guys i have a weird problem in the house, i turned on the immersion awhile ago and went about my business looked out the window and it was raining boiling hot water. I looked up at the roof and it was coming from a pipe coming out of the top of the house, nothing to weird as everyhouse seems to have the pipe sticking out. But now the water wont heatup at all anyone have a clue why ? The immersion light is still on so i dont think that is it. Still waiting on the plumber so no shower until monday either but thats a different problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

Turn off the immersion for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

So guys i have a weird problem in the house, i turned on the immersion awhile ago and went about my business looked out the window and it was raining boiling hot water. I looked up at the roof and it was coming from a pipe coming out of the top of the house, nothing to weird as everyhouse seems to have the pipe sticking out. But now the water wont heatup at all anyone have a clue why ? The immersion light is still on so i dont think that is it. Still waiting on the plumber so no shower until monday either but thats a different problem.

Thermostat on faulty immersion has triped out + water level in storage tank to high, might also need new ball cock / float filling device if you want to be polictally correct EU RULES.
    Wait for professional plumbers advice.
    Its a normal problem. Don't panic, just leave off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Change the immersion. I dont think its worth changing thermostats. Its boiling the water and overflowing to the tank above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

faulty stat your expansion pipe may be running out through the roof rather than back into the tank depends on how and who fitted it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

Thanks for the replies guys, It was fine this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Thanks for the replies guys, It was fine this morning.

If its doing it at all best to change it. They can do alot of damage over boiling

Advertisement