Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where online to buy statue for meditation?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I was advised that I should get a picture of a white tara statue for my meditation practise, does anyone know a good website that sells this sort of thing? I found a shop in Dublin with buddha statues and pictures of white tara but it seemed quite expensive. Also what do people think, should I get prayer beads also, are they useful for mediation also? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

My advice to you, if you live in Dublin, to attend the guided meditation sessions at the Tara Buddhist Centre:

http://meditateinireland.com/

If you have access to a good colour printer then just Google images of White Tara, choose one, 'Save As..' to your PC, 'Insert' the image into a Word Doc and print it!!!

I wouldn't worry too much with prayer beads...just hold the image of Tara in your Mind and quietly contemplate her compassion while being mindful of your Breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Thank you for replying, that's a good idea ill do that. I find it easier to meditate with my eyes fully closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adamsmith009

Home2Garden shop in UK,
    They have several different sizes and different types of Buddha statues. They are lovely. Good Luck.

Advertisement