Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Mentor

Options
  • 27-07-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm looking for an Android Developer to hire as a mentor. I searched around and I couldn't really find anything like it. Guitar lessons were the closest I found. I'm guessing that hiring a developer as a mentor is not really a done thing, but if anyone knows where I could find out about it, please let me know.

Alternatively, if anyone on here is interested please PM me. Ideally, I'm looking for someone in Dublin with 6 months + experience who I could meet once every week or two and pick their brain. I'm new to the software design world but I have done courses in Java and Android which I have now fallen in love with. I find mentoring to be the most efficient way of learning so I'm looking to boost my skills this way.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mark Spilane

Never offer a developer a job without stating a number.
    They will just scoff at it unless there is a number in there.
    Unfortunately a lesson some agents havent learned yet either, as they keep sending emails about jobs, omitting the most important detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 upsidedown forklift

I wasn't really looking at it like a job, more like someone buying lessons of a teacher. What would be a reasonable price per hour?On here prices are listed from €8 - 58, so I guess somewhere between that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

A good way to find a mentor, or grinds, is to check the websites of or the notice boards in the various colleges and universities in your area.

YouTube is a great resource also.

Advertisement