Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round Zero or Round One?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

I did a PLC In Creative Media at O'Fiaich Institute of Further Education and I'm hoping to use this award to get a place in Dundalk IT this year. I got 9 Distinctions and 1 merit. I'm hoping to do 'Music & Audio Production'! (DK768)

My question is, will I get offered a place in Round Zero, or Round One? Also, if my offer is in Round One, Am I competing against Leaving Cert students, or are there reserved places for PLC students?

Thanks!
    Peter
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Not 100% certain on this, but you most likely will be competing in round one. You will also be competing against leaving cert students, but from my experience, you will be grand.

Seems to me like there was no problem getting into I.T's from fetac. Most people I know got what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Hiya
    I used my FETAC level 5 distincitions and mature student status to apply
    Now as far as IM aware this is what happened.

My mature student CAO application got me a round zero offer, the FETAC is round 1
    Got my first choice
    Happy Days but a bit scared
    Hope you get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

DKIT is the Pilot Scheme, so your offer won't be until Round One in Mid-August unfortunately.

However, take a look on this Thursday on Round Zero just in case. Best of luck!

Advertisement