Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread moved to wrong forum

Options
  • 27-07-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I created a thread in Banking & Insurance & Pensions in which I described a problem I was having with BOI and asking if other people had had similar experiences. My purpose was to generate a discussion of the business practices of BOI.

My thread was moved here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057000857. I think it is an inappropriate move for two reasons:
    - I was not seeking to use Boards as my means of communicating with BOI;
    - "Talk to..." forums have a different purpose from discussion forums, and have relatively little traffic. This frustrates my objective, which was to generate a discussion.

I PM'd the mods, asking that the thread be moved back. I got a dusty response dismissing my request.

I would be grateful if the powers-that-be were to review what happened and moved the thread back to where discussion might happen.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sorry that someone wasn't on call on a Friday evening/night night to answer your PM.

You need to give Mods at least 48 hours to answer a PM, bearing in mind they are volunteers who have lives outside boards.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement