Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5m Bonanza for NAMA Developers

Options
  • 26-07-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

PROPERTY developers Johnny Ronan and Richard Barrett are in line to get almost €5m each from the tax payer-owend National Asset Management Agency and liquidators as part of a complex deal which will also see the two men paying money to the official liquidators of Treasury Holdings.

http://iti.ms/13iLDoC

:eek:

This surely cant be true? Can it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Richard Barrett to get ‘no strings attached’ sum if Mr Justice Peter Kelly approves deal

He's impressed me so far...C'mon Justice Kelly - tell him to get the 'f*ck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

PROPERTY developers Johnny Ronan and Richard Barrett are in line to get almost €5m each from the tax payer-owend National Asset Management Agency and liquidators as part of a complex deal which will also see the two men paying money to the official liquidators of Treasury Holdings.

http://iti.ms/13iLDoC

:eek:

This surely cant be true? Can it?

The very fact that NAMA's Directors can bring this crock'o shytt before the Public,let alone a Court speaks volumes about what the true purpose of the entity is all about.....Hint....It has SFA to do with protecting the PUBLIC interest.

PUBLIC stuff is all about 'po Folks who work n'stuff.......these luminaries are far above that madding crowd for sure......If there is a God,I sure hope he/she is whispering in Peter Kelly's ear right now !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The very fact that NAMA's Directors can bring this crock'o shytt before the Public,let alone a Court speaks volumes about what the true purpose of the entity is all about.....Hint....It has SFA to do with protecting the PUBLIC interest.

PUBLIC stuff is all about 'po Folks who work n'stuff.......these luminaries are far above that madding crowd for sure......If there is a God,I sure hope he/she is whispering in Peter Kelly's ear right now !

NAMA is 51% privately owned is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

MadsL wrote: »
    NAMA is 51% privately owned is it not?

I'm pitching my tent outside the CRO right this minute......:D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

So these guys owe how many million / billion in debt - and they still get a 5m payout?

What a crazy world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Avatarr

So these guys owe how many million / billion in debt - and they still get a 5m payout?

What a crazy world

Nama pays 100,000 salaries to 66 builders. 102 paid less than 100,000, 28 paid more than 150k, top 3 paid 200k. Last 3 years the banks have been paid 100mil to manage various debtors and loans on Nama's behalf, even though Nama took the same loans off the banks balance sheets. :mad:

Advertisement