Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids PP C&C

Options
  • 26-07-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I got literally 2 minutes with the girls last night and so couldnt even get the backdrop straight (hence the wonky masking) much less get them to pose nicely(or at all for that matter). It would be much appreciated if anyone had any feedback regarding the PP cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Did you do much PP on these images?

I've never been a fan of b&w against a white background. I think the colour one might be a bit too saturated or maybe the colour temp is just too warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

A bit over exposed imo. Nice images though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

kelly1 wrote: »
    Did you do much PP on these images?

I've never been a fan of b&w against a white background. I think the colour one might be a bit too saturated or maybe the colour temp is just too warm.
    Hmmm thats odd. I didnt increase the saturation at all. I thought the temp might be a little too red.
    For the PP I did averaged the whole image,set to overlay and inverted,then tweaked the opacity. some levels, lightened(dupe layer and set to a percentage of screen), added local contrast but masked it all off bar the eyes,same for sharpness and then added a tiny bit of contrast. i did reduce red a little in curves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Two thoughts:

Too much contrast to my eye for a portrait style (not sure what pp was done) - this, for either the colour or b/w.

The background is too blown (imho) whether that was intentional or not. I think particularly with that style you can end up with people 'floating' in mid air if you overdo the blown out thing. I think they normally use tile board or something to give at least a reflection which creates a 'floor' which will be visible even with blown out backgrounds. It kinda grounds such shots.

Just imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Two thoughts:

Too much contrast to my eye for a portrait style (not sure what pp was done) - this, for either the colour or b/w.

The background is too blown (imho) whether that was intentional or not. I think particularly with that style you can end up with people 'floating' in mid air if you overdo the blown out thing. I think they normally use tile board or something to give at least a reflection which creates a 'floor' which will be visible even with blown out backgrounds. It kinda grounds such shots.

Just imho :)
    yup ignore the bg.that isnt a factor...too much contrast eh......hmmmmm cheers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement