Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trojan on my 3 Andriod phone - other phones may be effected

Options
  • 26-07-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone, I seem to have a trojan on my 3 andriod phone. It is a zbot/zeus trojan, which is know to steal bank log-in details. I think other 3 customers might be effected, but I am not 100% sure. I was hoping you guys could help me figure this out.

My mobile anti-virus didn't find anything, but when I tried to sign up to an online forum I got the following error message:

"Sorry, you don't have permission for that! [#1001]
    You are not allowed to visit this community."

This looked odd, so I looked to see if my IP address was blacklisted and it was on the Composite Blacklist (http://cbl.abuseat.org/). But the mobile phone has a dynamic IP, this means that it changes with each new connection to 3. So I checked the range of IPs my phone uses by turning off and on angain and checking the IP with whatsmyip.org. Turns out the 4 of the 5 IPs my phone uses are blacklisted. Some of the timestamps of malicious activity around the same time. Which looks like there is more than one 3 phone effected by this trojan.

I was wondering if anyone else on the 3 network has seem the error message that I got when trying to sign up for a forum. Or if you put your IP into CBL, as above, does your IP show a blacklisting?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Briza media

Sorry, I forgot to say one more thing. Normally your service provider (3) would help you figure out if this botnet/trojan was running from your machine.

I called 3 and they told me - No one else is having this issue, it must be only your phone. They also told me they couldn't check which IP was being used for which phone at any one time. This information seems wrong, so I am calling you boardsies to help me.

We all know how good customer service from 3 is, but the lack of care about security is worrying.

Advertisement