Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching GAA Photos

Options
  • 26-07-2013 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

These will probably be impossible to come by but can anyone give me any tips on how to find photos of:

1. The Kilkenny team that won the Leinster championship in 1943?
    2. The Cavan team that won the Ulster championship in 1943?

Its for a gift I plan to give to somebody so I don't mind spending a few quid if I need to but if I can get hold of them online it'd be just as good as I have a good quality printer and photo paper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Taffy Kat wrote: »
    These will probably be impossible to come by but can anyone give me any tips on how to find photos of:

1. The Kilkenny team that won the Leinster championship in 1943?
    2. The Cavan team that won the Ulster championship in 1943?

Its for a gift I plan to give to somebody so I don't mind spending a few quid if I need to but if I can get hold of them online it'd be just as good as I have a good quality printer and photo paper.

Number 2 should be easy enough - the Anglo-Celt (local rag) have done a massive digitization project recently and should have photos - their contact details are on their website. http://www.anglocelt.ie/photostore/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Taffy Kat

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Number 2 should be easy enough - the Anglo-Celt (local rag) have done a massive digitization project recently and should have photos - their contact details are on the website.

Thanks! Hopefully that one's sorted, though the Kilkenny one is the more important... though maybe its worth me contacting the Kilkenny People as well. :D

Just checked, the Anglo Celt's collection only goes back as far as 1958.

Thanks! Hopefully that one's sorted, though the Kilkenny one is the more important... though maybe its worth me contacting the Kilkenny People as well. :D

Just checked, the Anglo Celt's collection only goes back as far as 1958.
    http://www.irishnewsarchive.com/ - that's a subscription service but shouldn't cost too much and the Celt is definitely there.

otherwise contact the celt directly - they should have it..

http://www.irishnewsarchive.com/ - that's a subscription service but shouldn't cost too much and the Celt is definitely there.

otherwise contact the celt directly - they should have it..

Thanks, having a look at that website now. Its only €10 for 24 hour access, not too bad for two photos - cost more to order them directly.

Thanks, having a look at that website now. Its only €10 for 24 hour access, not too bad for two photos - cost more to order them directly.

Let me know if you don't get anywhere - I'm sure I could try and get my hands on the Cavan one if you were stuck..

• Advertisement

Let me know if you don't get anywhere - I'm sure I could try and get my hands on the Cavan one if you were stuck..

Thanks. May have to come up with a different idea though, think I can probably get my hands on some sort of Cavan photo (even if its only an action photo from the All Ireland - albeit lost - that year) looking at that website you told me about, but the Kilkenny one is proving hard to come by.

Advertisement