Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 or XBOX 1 ( New Poll )

Options
  • 25-07-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

I think we need a new poll on this, the last one which has not been bumped in 6 weeks was made before Microsoft backtracked on a lot of issues such as always having to be always online and we have now seen what the PS4 actually looks like, along with a raft of other new information on both.

So which console is everyone gonna get.

PS4 or XBOX 1 37 votes

PS4
    0% 0 votes
    XBOX 1
    72% 27 votes
    Both
    13% 5 votes
    Neither
    13% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really do we need another one? As you state things have changed but things will also probably change even more in the next 4 months before either is released, just seems pretty pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Do you mean at launch or in general

I plan on getting both... but xbone wont be for a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

VinLieger wrote: »
    Really do we need another one? As you state things have changed but things will also probably change even more in the next 4 months before either is released, just seems pretty pointless

Everyone and their mother was against Microsoft when the old poll was made, it shows in the results of that thread, but more people are edging back towards Microsoft now. I doubt we will see anymore game changing announcements between now and November.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The first 3/6 months would be a bit better to ask about, I'll get both eventually but it'll be PS4 on launch day.

maximoose wrote: »
    Do you mean at launch or in general

I plan on getting both... but xbone wont be for a year or so

Just in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'm a one console guy because it's too expensive for me to have both, and since both would be similar enough, it wouldn't be justified.

Getting the PS4 because it's more powerful, cheaper and Sony proved they have the heavy hitters exclusive-wise with the PS3, so I've very high hopes for the PS4.

Oh yeah, and PS+!

So if you're only buying one console, the PS4 offers up more bang for your buck, imo.

Really started this again due to this claim, which looks like complete BS that Xbox 1 demand is far outstripping PS4 demand

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/58217-xbox-one-demand-through-roof-outship-ps4-3-to-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Xenji wrote: »
    Everyone and their mother was against Microsoft when the old poll was made, it shows in the results of that thread, but more people are edging back towards Microsoft now. I doubt we will see anymore game changing announcements between now and November.

If anything there would be more big announcements leading up to launch to keep people hyped, for instance microsofts announcement of self publishing yesterday. Also i dont think the feeling towards the xbox one has changed as much as some would like to believe. The price is still a big issue especially considering on paper the PS4 is more powerful and just because microsoft have removed some of the features people had problems with doesnt mean they wont put them back in at a later date especially considering how visibly intent they were on taking the console in that direction until they had to do that policy 180.
    Myself i dont plan on either right now, might pick one up sometime after launch but im perfectly happy with my PC especially after the summer steam sale but if i had to pick its not really a hard decision, PS4 is simply the better option right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Xenji wrote: »
    Really started this again due to this claim, which looks like complete BS that Xbox 1 demand is far outstripping PS4 demand

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/58217-xbox-one-demand-through-roof-outship-ps4-3-to-1/

Hmm. I think you might have misread the article...

It says that suppliers state Xbox will have a "2-3x unit advantage at launch" which just means they are going to have more units off the production line and ready to ship. Gamestop fella says they have stopped taking orders, but nowhere does it say it is outselling the ps4. That's my understanding of it anyway, article seems quite (deliberately?) misleading.
    Behind the scenes machinations of industry seem to indicate that Microsoft's U-turn in its DRM policy and other moves to please the gaming community may be paying off.

"Despite losing the headline battle at E3, Microsoft's Xbox One appears to be regaining some momentum, in part due to the used and online policy tweaks. Importantly, our supply chain checks suggest Microsoft may have the benefit of a 2-3x unit advantage at launch compared to Sony's PS4,"

I don't see how the quote they are using in anyway indicates what they are saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

One at launch, PS4 early in 2014.
    Voted both.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Hmm. I think you might have misread the article...

It says Xbox will have a "2-3x unit advantage at launch" which just means they are going to have more units off the production line and ready to ship. Gamestop fella says they have stopped taking orders, but nowhere does it say it is outselling the ps4. That's my understanding of it anyway, article seems quite misleading.

I don't see how the quote they are using in anyway indicates what they are saying

It's a strange article, like most when it comes to the new xbox, they are trying to make out that they have more demand for their product as they have made more consoles available at launch than Sony and that pre-orders for their consoles have sold out in most chains already.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PS4 all the way.

On the last poll I wasn't sure if I would get it on launch or not but have decided to wait until the new year to make the purchase. GTA V, Arkham Origins, Beyond: Two Souls, Fifa 14, Watch Dogs and Hopefully Walking Dead Season 2 should keep me well busy for the rest of the year. I'd say the next gen versions of those won't be too different (except maybe Watch Dogs which I might leave off until the PS4)

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Neither, my PC will do me just fine for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Azza wrote: »
    Neither, my PC will do me just fine for the foreseeable future.

Sigh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New poll? No poll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement