Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Fire Pager Video

• 25-07-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Just a quick video I came across on YouTube, showing the Motorola Firestorm III pager that most retained firefighters in Ireland carry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

That looks like a Supermacs pager, you sure it's for the Fire Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Haha! Quite sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Who operates the paging service?

Pataman wrote: »
    Who operates the paging service?

Fire Brigade's own system. All fire pagers in Ireland operate on 165.025MHz.

System is maintained by Sigma and Arqiva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I'd be interested in seeing the coastguard, RNLI, CRBI. and Lifeboats pager. I presume they all have different pager frequencies?

• Advertisement

RNLI (153.400MHz):

COAST GUARD & CRBI (153.625MHz): Use Motorola LX2 Pagers. Callout message is "Incident callout. Please report to your station." Video below is not a CG pager but same model and callout tone:

Some River Rescue units still use the Motorola Keynotes (Voice Pagers):

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Sorry for dragging up an old thread does anyone know are the Coast Guard frequencies and RNLI am or fm

• Registered Users Posts: 37 onmia

cram1971 wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread does anyone know are the Coast Guard frequencies and RNLI am or fm

nfm

Advertisement