Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop wont boot any ideas ?

Options
  • 25-07-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

I turned it on after a while of non using it about 2 weeks and it was really slow so I used the power button to restart it and this is what happened see pic.I tried a comander disc the disc went to an error screen

Comments

Does it give any error?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Does it give any error?
    it says check cable connection exting Intel rom and no bootable device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

just hooked the hd up to another laptop it is making noise but nothing is registering on the laptop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

Looks like you have a failed hard drive, the noise is called the 'click of death', the arm inside the hard drive is not able to read the platters so it just hits of the spindle area of the drive. The message is simply that computer can't find a hard drive cos it is broken. To fix this you will need a new hard drive, a clean install of windows and all the programs you use. It is fairly unlikely that you will be able to get any information of the damaged drive. A bang or fall on the laptop could have caused this or it was probably on the way out for a while. The slowness you experienced is typical when a hard drive is struggling to find information on the drive.

J
    Galway Laptop Surgery

Advertisement