Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious

Options
  • 25-07-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've never really posted here much but I thought I'd give it a try as people seem to be kind and willing to help, for the most part.
    I would have considered myself straight and have only had relationships with men but I've always been turned on and attracted to women too. I'm a bit confused I suppose! It's probably a bit silly cos I'm almost 30 but its the way things have been for me and I've never been unhappy about it. However I'd like to meet a women and explore that side of me. I'd like to chat to women first and see how it feels for me rather than anything more full on, that's why I don't think dating websites would be for me. So, does anyone know of any chat rooms/forums where I could speak to gay women without the pressure of anything else? I've always been attracted to a person and their personality before looks so I'd like to get to know someone a bit before we met up.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

You could always try meeting women in the way many of the rest of us do by going out to gay or mixed bars, checking out a few social events advertised in the GCN or heading out to one of the clubs. If all you feel like doing is having a chat I think that's a great way to go about it.This is an LGBT forum, don't forget and there are women here too.
    It sounds a bit like you think lesbians or gay women don't normally start out by having a chat and getting to know someone. Its all usually just the normal, one person getting to know another.
    Some of the personals written by women who basically want to use another woman to satisfy a sexual curiosity without letting that woman or the event impact on them, or their life in any way, might be the kind of thing you are saying you don't want, but all you have to do is avoid that and meet women who are actually interested in other women. There are lots of us out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SookieS

It sounds a bit like you think lesbians or gay women don't normally start out by having a chat and getting to know someone.

It's not that I think that at all, I was just trying to explain what I was looking for. I've never used a dating site to meet anyone so I'm not 100% sure what way they'd work.
    Anyway, thanks a million for the reply. Ill go out and try meet someone like you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Im not trying to dismiss you SookieS
    Lots of people do use dating websites and Im not sure that you will find ones designated for women meeting women that much different than any others.
    Actually meeting women in a group setting I find, can take some of the strain of having to sort out in writing what you are looking for while writing profiles etc on dating websites, plus you can actually see all the body language etc of real people in real time. Sometimes sites are used for anonymous hook ups but there are others looking for relationships. If you arent ready to decide what you want bars clubs etc are less pressure
    Other posters may differ in preferences I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

What Amber said above, meeting in groups is much more relaxed as there is no pressure and you get to see people interact more naturally than say a pressurized date type scenario. Do you have friends who are out/bi/interested? Could you discuss it with them? Even if they're straight they might help make for a more comfortable environment to investigate from.
    (wouldn't recommend any website specifically, I also wouldn't go looking for gay bars specifically, straight bars are as good a place as any to meet other women)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You should go along to some running amach events

http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-LGBTQ-Womens-Social-Networking-Club/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement