Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 needed off one ball?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Amazing scenes! Bowler should be publically flogged for that though; its not that hard not to bowl a no ball when the opposition need 12 off the last ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Amazing, is it NZ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

HonalD wrote: »
    Amazing, is it NZ?

Auckland v Otago (I think)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The dulcet tones of Smithy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

am I missing something here. How was that 12 runs ?

No ball plus a boundary = 5 plus a 6 makes 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Commentator said that it was 4 plus 2 for the no ball so Im guessing the penalty for a no ball is greater in that competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

djimi wrote: »
    Commentator said that it was 4 plus 2 for the no ball so Im guessing the penalty for a no ball is greater in that competition.

Yeah, it was a two run no ball

http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/277963.html
    Andre Adams starred in a dream finish for Auckland with a last-ball six against Northern Districts at Seddon Park. Chasing 161, Auckland needed 12 off the last ball and a waist-high full toss by seamer Graeme Aldridge was despatched for four by Adams. It was signalled a no ball, adding two extra runs to the total. With an exact six required off the last ball, Adams sealed the deal with a straight hit over long-off, guiding his side home by four wickets.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

shocking stuff by the bowler that said it was a pretty marginal no ball in my eyes.

Advertisement