Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bog standard PA system requirements

Options
  • 24-07-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi,

First off, I have tried to find a forum that is more particular to my question but this is the best match as far as I can see. Sorry if it is not the right one.

Anyway, I want to rig up a small bar (more like a shed) with some speakers (4-6 ideally) and be able to hook up a pair of mics or a cd player to it. The space is not very large (it's the "Clan Bar" at Connacht Rugby's home grounds if you know it, about 10m * 40m ?) and the sounds just needs to be loud enough to overcome banter from the back of the room. The system is not for music (I know... wrong forum) primarily.

I just volunteer with the supporter's club so I have NO idea/experience with this kind of thing. I tried checking out the cheap things on Maplin, but I am now confused over what kinds of wattage I would need, whether to go for powered speakers or not etc....

Any help would be much appreciated, even if only to suggest a better source of the kind of info I am after.

Thanks.

Advertisement