Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permit's and regulation

Options
  • 24-07-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has come up before I was unable to find a previous thread in relation to this issue.

I am looking to shoot some film in a public place. However its not a simple as rolling up and just shooting the scene. We are looking to use replica/airsoft handguns to film some of the piece I am making. I was wondering what kind of permits I need and regulations i must follow to make the piece without getting arrested for brandishing weapons in public.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

First thing you need to do is contact the Gardai. As you rightly said, producing any sort of replica gun in public without informing and getting consent of the Gardai is liable to wind up with you in jail.

You'll most likely need insurance and an armourer on set if the guns are being fired. You'll also have to have Gardaí present I'd imagine.

First stop should be your local Garda station. There's presumably a liaison officer to deal with these sorts of things.

Advertisement