Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the man that has EVERYTHING!

Options
  • 24-07-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi!

It's my boyfriend's 30th next month and I want to get him something that he'll really like however the problem with him is that if he wants something, he'll get it.

He's a massive Liverpool fan so was thinking about getting him a match ticket & spending a few days in Liverpool around Christmas (he won't do ferrys so can't do packages) but I just don't know if that's special enough...? We're also going to Boston & New York in October & I'd know he'd love to go see a basketball/baseball/ice hockey game but all the fixtures I've looked at don't suit the dates we're going to be there..

So if anyone could suggest any cool/different ideas? He's into sport, music (in a big way) & movies. Not into computer games.

He's been so amazing to me for the last few years I really want to get him something to show how much I appreciate it..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Rugby world cup in the UK in 2015 think tickets are on sale shortly......if rugby ain't his sport and there's a big budget theres the football world cup in Rio......or you could always do an away game for Liverpool then back to Liverpool for a home game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kazzam88

Rugby world cup in the UK in 2015 think tickets are on sale shortly......if rugby ain't his sport and there's a big budget theres the football world cup in Rio......or you could always do an away game for Liverpool then back to Liverpool for a home game.....

Rugby is the one sport he wouldn't thank you for! With the budget - I wouldn't be able to go over €400 so I wouldn't say I'd get to Rio but I'll definately look into it.. liking the idea of 2 games actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm is there any big movies coming out.. If he is into his movies you could plan a trip to the Imax In London. Do that myself for himself and it was great. We went to the southbank one to see the dark knight and it was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Festival tickets?? Maybe book some unique camping accommodation too?

If the lineup after his birthday is limited (probably Electric Picnic left etc) then have a look at UK festivals - tickets usually cheaper, pre-book your tent so its put up when you arrive and you don't need to lug gear on the flight and have a great time (plus the sun is shining!)

Advertisement