Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.N.E. Fuchsia Appeal

Options
  • 24-07-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

FUCHSIA-BADGE.jpg

The Drogheda Slane Branch members will be selling Fuchsia emblems in the Laurence Centre Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week.

Welcome to the ONE
    Representing veterans since 1950
    The Organisation of National Ex-Servicemen and Women (Irish: Óglaigh Náisiúnta Na hÉireann) or ONE is a support organisation for ex-service personnel of the Irish Defence Services.The ONE is dedicated to looking after the welfare of ex-service personnel of the Irish Defence Services.The O.N.E. is recognised as the official representatives of ex-service personnel by the Department of Defence and the Military Authorities.The official name of the organisation is Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann Teoranta and the Patron is Michael D. Higgins, PRESIDENT OF IRELAND.
    Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

This is a small island nation steeped in historic symbology

Off the top of my head,

Shamrock
    Harp
    Celtic Cross
    St Brigids Cross
    Tricolour
    Don't even get me started on military symbology

How, in the name of all that is good & green, did we end up with a Fucshia to remember Ex-Servicemen & Women?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

"The Fuchsia was chosen as the emblem, as part of the launch of the first appeal in 2009. It was chosen, as it is grown throughout Ireland and was seen as a reminder of home when seen overseas. The Fuchsia badge is sold as part of the fundraising initiative and under the emblem is stamped the word ‘Cuimhnímis’, (let us remember) in remembrance of those have served and the many who have given their lives while serving."
    Taken off the www.oneconnect.ie web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Not once have I imagined a fuscia while I have been out of the country.

Poor choice imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

time lord wrote: »
    "The Fuchsia was chosen as the emblem, as part of the launch of the first appeal in 2009. It was chosen, as it is grown throughout Ireland and was seen as a reminder of home when seen overseas. The Fuchsia badge is sold as part of the fundraising initiative and under the emblem is stamped the word ‘Cuimhnímis’, (let us remember) in remembrance of those have served and the many who have given their lives while serving."
    Taken off the www.oneconnect.ie web site

Thanks time lord for your reply & the height of respect to you

But unless I missed the issue of The Irish Daily Star that had the American Beauty style poster of Georgia Salpa lying on a bed of Fuchsias instead of rose petals, then that statement from that website is a crock of sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Poppys were already taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Thanks time lord for your reply & the height of respect to you

But unless I missed the issue of The Irish Daily Star that had the American Beauty style poster of Georgia Salpa lying on a bed of Fuchsias instead of rose petals, then that statement from that website is a crock of sh1te.
    Just incase anyone thinks I'm affiliated to or a member of any ex'ers group I'm not nor ever have been. At the moment there are just too many to choose from lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Grass is also very common in Ireland maybe we should have chosen that, cant bate thinking of the growth for the silage when your overseas.

Advertisement