Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long will my battery last?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

So woke up this morning bright and early for work and my car didn't turn on at all :( Pretty sure the battery died becuase I think I accidently left the lights on (I know, I'm an idiot). So I'm assuming I'll need to get the battery jumped but how long should this last? I only changed the battery about 2 months ago so I'm assuming it should be ok again once I get it jumped? Any advice would be awesome as I know nothing about cars at all :( I drive it every day for a max 15 min to work but I really need it Friday as I have to drive 2 hours to Tipperary and the last thing I need is for it to die again.....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Assuming it's not fully dischgarged it may be fine. Get it started and drive for c.30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,162 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, it needs a good drive to charge it back up.

Advertisement