Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 5 - Pre Order Online - Ensure Day Release Delivery

Options
  • 24-07-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to order GTA 5 online for my boyfriend, id like to ensure he gets it the day of release.

Anyone recommend a reliable store online to order from, I notice amazon.co.uk do release day delivery for UK people. But I notice it doesn't do that for Ireland.

Where would you recommend I order it from? and are they normally 100% delivered on release day.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Either gamesnash or gamestop with the express delivery options, he will have it release day or possibly even the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Thanks :) ordering two copies , I don't think we'll be seeing much of each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If more lads had GFs like you......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just walk into a store and pick it up off the shelf. Unless you're looking for a collectors edition, it's not going to sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Or buy it over PSN/XBLA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kiith wrote: »
    Just walk into a store and pick it up off the shelf. Unless you're looking for a collectors edition, it's not going to sell out.

You think?? Any other game I would agree but this one? For the last one and red dead redemption I was cursing myself for not pre-ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, it sold out plenty of times before, wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Definitely go with the pre-order no matter where you're buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, pre-order is the only way to go with a game like this.

I'll be going the bricks and mortar route so that way, after a possible midnight release I'll get some game time in.

Take a few days off work too I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

After I had to wait over a week for GTA San Andreas to be restocked I will be preordering this. Probably go with Gamesnash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

it seems Amazon is about 10 euro cheaper, even though you won't get it on the day. Not sure what to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+1 on Gamesnash.ie, Always get my games on release day if not the day before. Plus they are cheaper than xtravision and gamestop at the moment. €56.99 incl. delivery. You can pay more for express delivery to be extra sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I presume you would have to be in store to pre-order from Gamestop? I think it's time my long standing voucher was cashed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Usually I'd agree Kiith, but nearly everyone who owns a console will be buying GTA5. The days are gone when stores had ridiculous stock of new releases on launch day.

Though I can only speak for my experiences working in GAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Maybe this is a stupid question, but once you preorder in shop are you guaranteed the day on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamesnash are superb and an Irish company. I'll be going with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

sally365 wrote: »
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but once you preorder in shop are you guaranteed the day on release day?

Yes, they'll make sure to order for you. Especially if you have to place a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I take it Gamesnash is based in Dublin? As I am in Donegal I would hardly receive a game I ordered on the release day?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mutley18 wrote: »
    I take it Gamesnash is based in Dublin? As I am in Donegal I would hardly receive a game I ordered on the release day?

If you are in Donegal city or close to it you probably will. If you're in the middle of nowhere then it would be very unlikely.

Pay extra for express post and you should get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

sheehy83 wrote: »
    +1 on Gamesnash.ie, Always get my games on release day if not the day before. Plus they are cheaper than xtravision and gamestop at the moment. €56.99 incl. delivery. You can pay more for express delivery to be extra sure.

Do you pay when you pre-order or are you charged when the game is dispatched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do you pay when you pre-order or are you charged when the game is dispatched?

Yeah, you have to pay full amount when preordering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, maybe i will pre-order it afterall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I worked in Gamestop when GTA IV came out - there wasn't a hope in hell of getting the game for a couple of weeks unless it was preordered.

The lads I worked with said it was the same for RDR.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi mutley18

It depends on your postal service. If you normally get a daily delivery from An Post then it's highly likely even with standard post that you will have it in your hand on release morning.

If you opt for express post no matter where you live it will definitely be with you for release day.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I worked in Gamestop when GTA IV came out - there wasn't a hope in hell of getting the game for a couple of weeks unless it was preordered.

The lads I worked with said it was the same for RDR.

We're expecting the same to happen this time round too. I remember GTAIV very well. It was the first really big title we had seen launch after we had set up. We actually stopped taking pre orders on it about 2 weeks out from release as we couldn't be sure how many copies we would actually get on release day. We started taking wave 2 and then wave 3 pre orders even before release date which was crazy. GTAIV ended up being allocated to retailers as a percentage of what you had actually ordered. Great fun and games ensued when we heard this was coming and had to up our orders knowing they would be knocked back again. (and hoping they would or we would have been caught by the proverbials with extra stock and no money to pay for it :D) As it turned out we got it just about right, didn't let anyone down for pre orders but it was 2-3 weeks after release date before everything smoothed out and we had stock available to sell on demand as such.

I'd like to think that people here know I don't come in and hype things up for the sake of it. There's only been a small handful of games in the past few years I said were likely to sell out across the board and if the same circumstances happen as did GTAIV then shortages can be expected for sure.

Glad now I put in my pre order with ya's pretty soon after the pre order was put up on the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I feel like people are finally starting to get tired of COD - maybe partly attributing to such high sales for The Last of Us or Bioshock.

I think GTA will have stock issues (and hope it does too, to drive even more sales through word of mouth and hype). People have been waiting a long time for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Unless it's priced ridiculously then I'll be getting it off PSN, I can install it on both of my PS3s one of which has a busted laser and it's not like I'll trade it in ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Hi mutley18

It depends on your postal service. If you normally get a daily delivery from An Post then it's highly likely even with standard post that you will have it in your hand on release morning.

If you opt for express post no matter where you live it will definitely be with you for release day.

Nice one! Just found out about Gamesnash today and i live in Donegal myself so after reading this ive put in my order. Gona save me the trouble of driving 45 mins to Letterkenny so happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Going to pre order shortly now. Great to be supporting an Irish business too. I'm getting even more excited about GTA now

EDIT: ordered now with gamesnash, cant wait

Advertisement