Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a Samsungs ultrabooks inbuilt battery be replaced? and for how much?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi

I am considering getting this Samsung laptop below. My only concern is that it has an inbuilt battery. Can these be replaced and for how much? What is the expected life of these battery's.........3 years?

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-30-455122&pages=1&prod=455122&brands=SAMSUNG&image=
    Intel Core I5 3230m 2.6ghz

Turbo Boost To 3.2 Ghz
    8gb Ram
    1 Tb Hard Disk Drive
    Windows 8
    *** No Optical Disc Drive ***
    Intel Hd 4000 Graphics
    15.6 Led Hd Widescreen Display
    Hdmi Digital Connection To Tv
    Wifi N For Fast Broadband
    Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity
    720p Hd Webcam And Mic
    Media Card Reader
    1 X Usb3.0 & 2 X Usb2.0
    Pinch Control Touch Pad
    Weight: 2.0kg
    Colour: Aluminum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

inbuilts are annoying..I've replaced a couple.
    Generally just requires more patience and being careful. Lot's of photo's if you've never opened a laptop before, to know what goes where and how ;).

But brands tend to suggest you take it to a verified "choice of brand" to replace. Don't know how much they charge.

Ordinary PC repair shops would likely charge bout 60 or so on top of a new battery cost..so probably near €100 in total.

Are you only open to an ultrabook?
    What do you need your laptop for?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

inbuilts are annoying..I've replaced a couple.
    Generally just requires more patience and being careful. Lot's of photo's if you've never opened a laptop before, to know what goes where and how ;).

But brands tend to suggest you take it to a verified "choice of brand" to replace. Don't know how much they charge.

Ordinary PC repair shops would likely charge bout 60 or so on top of a new battery cost..so probably near €100 in total.

Are you only open to an ultrabook?
    What do you need your laptop for?

Thanks for the advice. Do you know how long these battery's usually last for by any chance?

I'm open to any type of laptop really with similar performance to the one above and a 15 inch screen..
    Will use it for college, programming, photo editing, watching video etc. My current laptop is an Inspiron 1545 which I do find a bit heavy at 2.7 kg. One good thing about it is it has a 9 cell battery. Do you have any recommendations?

Advertisement