Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's book

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was hoping to get some information if possible.
    I have written a children's book (ages between 3-7) and am not sure where to go from here? I would like to contact someone regarding 1. illustration of my book and 2. a publisher who is willing to take it on!
    Can anyone advise me on the best route to take next?
    Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I was hoping to get some information if possible.
    I have written a children's book (ages between 3-7) and am not sure where to go from here? I would like to contact someone regarding 1. illustration of my book and 2. a publisher who is willing to take it on!
    Can anyone advise me on the best route to take next?
    Thanks a mil :)

Send to potential publishers. Try and pick one that publishes similar stuff to what you have - browse through books in bookshops and libraries. Send a synopsis and either all of it or just the opening chapters. The illustrator comes later (and is usuall hired by them).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You don't need illustrations, the publisher will arrange that.

Advertisement