Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat Box

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'm badly in need of a new seat box. Any opinions on a good value one and where to source it? Doesn't need to be very big, lighter the better and of course good value is a must as times are hard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

patgmail wrote: »
    I'm badly in need of a new seat box. Any opinions on a good value one and where to source it? Doesn't need to be very big, lighter the better and of course good value is a must as times are hard.

Hi man have a look on adverts im sure i seen a few on there:)

Argos has a nice seat boxs for 32€ i think check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

dont know if we can post links but i was looking for a new landing net today and came across one on, i think, adverts.ie
    Didnt click into it or check price but you should check it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

patgmail wrote: »

Bought a nice big ShakeSpear multi tray seat box in Viking Tackle...large removable seat area witn storage tray underneath,2 large sliding trays on each side of the seatbox, and then an internal tray system in the main part...(like a Stanley tool box setup)

Also bought a fantastic angling bag with seperate rigid bait compartment for 13 euro in Aldi recently.:)

Plenty big to take reels,tackle,weights and food.

Lots of zipper pockets too,for other odds and ends.

The seperate bait compartment is big enough to store a few mackerel,some trays of ragworm of plenty of packs of frozen sandeel and peeler crab.

Fantastic bit of kit for not alot of money.

I will post a PIC later on.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

If your about dub city, ABC tackle off Capel street have great quality seat boxes for quite cheap!

Kennets seat box in Argos for 33 euros.

• Advertisement

Crane anglers bag from Aldi.

Good size,large comfy shoulder strap,lots of zipper pockets too.Large main compartment for holding tackle and reels etc.

Lower rigid bait compartment too.

Not too bad for 13 euro.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Just buy a shakespeare beta box and have it for life. Should be in/around €40 but a quality made box. Walk down any beach with a comp and 99%of anglers will have one.
    The backrest that comes seperate is a little expensive but another quality bit of kit and well worth the money if you have any kind of a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

.red. wrote: »
    Just buy a shakespeare beta box and have it for life. Should be in/around €40 but a quality made box. Walk down any beach with a comp and 99%of anglers will have one.
    The backrest that comes seperate is a little expensive but another quality bit of kit and well worth the money if you have any kind of a walk.

Agree fully with this. Essential kit in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

paddy147 wrote: »

Good size,large comfy shoulder strap,lots of zipper pockets too.Large main compartment for holding tackle and reels etc.

Not too bad for 13 euro.:)

I got that around 18 months ago from Aldi, its a well built bag. I just wish it was around 4 times bigger!

There should be a good few seat boxes on done deal and adverts. Make sure you get mud feet though, nothing worse than having one side of the box at an angle, very bad for the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I've posted about those Crane bags before. They are excellent value. Considering if you were to buy a branded bag it would be at a minimum twice the price.

+1 for those Shakespeare boxes. I have one for about 10 years. Still going strong but only ever used to take the weight off when on a pier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lads I have one of these without strap and cushion, if anyone wants it FOC just collect south Dublin they are more than welcome to it.

6ndc4P.jpg

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

uch wrote: »
    Lads I have one of these without strap and cushion, if anyone wants it FOC just collect south Dublin they are more than welcome to it]

Very generous Uch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Should add that the internal tray and the two clip-on side trays are with it also

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 recalled

.red. wrote: »

Interesting and you have me thinking I too need a seat box. Do these come with internal compartments or boxes and what kind of carrying handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

recalled wrote: »
    Interesting and you have me thinking I too need a seat box. Do these come with internal compartments or boxes and what kind of carrying handle?
    they come with a strap that goes over one shoulder but its crap. it will dig into your shoulder and its very uncomfortable if you do anything other than pier fishing and have to carry it. the box and strap costs about €37

you can buy a breakaway backrest for it which is applied to the back and its carried like a rucksack. a part unscrews and moves up making it a backrest for sitting back. ive carried my box with this for well over a mile across soft sand and its very comfy. this costs about €58 which IMO is a little steep but is a godsend and if you buy it youll wonder how you ever did without it.

you can also buy trays which are between €7-12 and are handy as they fit inside but clip on to the outsides when your fishing putting things like scissors and bait elastic at easy reach.

the last thing for it is the breakaway accessory kit. this has a tray that holds all your grip leads, 2 small holders that go on the lid and hold a multiplier each but i use them for holding my knives, scissors and forceps. it also has a handy little gadget that keeps the box locked. this is €20 but will only work if you have the backrest as it fits under the brackets for that.

the seatbox, backrest and accessory pack would cost about €115 all in but you would probably get a deal if bought together. you can always just buy the box and add to it as you need to,
    you can also go to the extremes that this guy has. its a bit mad but shows the size of the box and backrest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqp9_lmfQwo

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

OP is it for course or sea fishing?

I got that around 18 months ago from Aldi, its a well built bag. I just wish it was around 4 times bigger!

There should be a good few seat boxes on done deal and adverts. Make sure you get mud feet though, nothing worse than having one side of the box at an angle, very bad for the back.

IMO its a perfect size...its big enough to take a days worth of tackle with you...but not too big that you take loads of stuff that you wont/dont really need with you and then you end up lugging around unwanted/excess weight on your back.

I like the extra zipper pockets on the sides and top...they hold a good amount of extra gear/line spools/weights.

Lower rigid bait compartment is just about the right size and keeps frozen mackerel/sandeel/crab or muscel nice and cold...which is handy if you are on a long trip or out for the day fishing.:)

IMO its a cracking bargain at a mere 13 euro.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

paddy147 wrote: »

That bag Paddy mentioned is in Aldi again on Sunday, for €14.99 if anyone is interested.
    Like others it is just too small for my needs but it might suit some.

They have other fishing gear for sale Sunday too:

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-specialbuys-4th-august/

Advertisement