Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job

Options
  • 23-07-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

hey guys,
    so im 16 and just got a part time job for the summer! im on around 6.50 an hour and i paying a lot of PAYE, USC and PRSI er.

do i need to be paying all of these? im almost paying half my wages into!

thanks dudes!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No apply for a medical card your uvsc will be dropped.
    Any tax you pay is for the year when you stop working you get a tax back.make sure your not on emergency tax.fair play and well done getting up off your arse and getting a job.at 16 most other teenagers are Lieing in bed. .,
    What you working at. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭STEEL COMET

cathy01 wrote: »
    No apply for a medical card your uvsc will be dropped.
    Any tax you pay is for the year when you stop working you get a tax back.make sure your not on emergency tax.fair play and well done getting up off your arse and getting a job.at 16 most other teenagers are Lieing in bed. .,
    What you working at. ??

wow thanks cathy! well i always worked whether around the house or picking stones in a field!

im working in.....lets just say "Ba Da BaBaBa...I'm Lovin' It!

all i do is apply for the medical card? do i have to get 1 or will i get easy enuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

wow thanks cathy! well i always worked whether around the house or picking stones in a field!

all i do is apply for the medical card? do i have to get 1 or will i get easy enuff?

The reason you are having a lot of PAYE and USC taken from your wages is because you are most likely on the emergency tax rate for PAYE and USC. This can happen in the case of first employments as Revenue have no record of you. If you haven't already done so, you need to complete a form 12A and submit it to Revenue.

Check out the links below for an introduction to the taxation system.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/faqs/starting-work-tax.html

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/faqs/tax-credits-emergency-tax.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

As your now employed its only your means that are taken into account .when you ring revenue to sort of tax ask about credit for other expenses like work shoes?worth a try.

Advertisement