Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

considerations for being solar heating ready

Options
  • 23-07-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,
    We're currently rewiring and replumbing the entire house and while we are not putting in the solar panels now we probably will next year or maybe year after. We have put in the dual coil cylinder to be ready.

I'm wondering what heating controls or other considerations should I bear in mind now. Heating controls, electrical points? Etc?

Please advise... I really don't want to forget to do something now that will save us in the near future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

If you are re-wiring & re-plumbing now, zoning & heating controls are both within those measures so you should do both now.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Linto

Shane007, we have zoned upstairs, downstairs and water. Is there a specific type of heating control for the solar or does this work off the same control. We have a CTC 3 zone being installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Linto wrote: »
    I'm wondering what heating controls or other considerations should I bear in mind now. Heating controls, electrical points? Etc?.

Apologies, I took it from this comment that you were not installing heating controls.

With regard to solar, there are no real alteration to make now apart from it would be useful for your electrician to install a fused spur now in the hot press for future solar wiring supply.
    If the HW cylinder you are installing is unvented, then the heating & solar should be interlocked to prevent over-heating of the cylinder.

Advertisement