Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stain help!

Options
  • 23-07-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys new to this forum and not sure where to post exactly but basically I washed a denim shirt of mine with a tea bag inside the pocket and now have a nasty stain....anyone know what I should do.... Please help???????:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi Irishgirl, try soaking it in vinegar and cold water (a few tablespoons of vinegar in a large bowl of water) for a couple of hours, then wash it again. Don't put it in the drier as the heat will set the stain further if it's not completely removed. If that doesn't work, google how to use hydrogen peroxide (not the same as normal bleach which will obviously change the colour of the whole garment without necessarily removing the stain)
    Also why did you have a teabag in your pocket?!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

add milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

Thanks for your reply, soaked in vanish for a day or two after scrubbing the initial heavy stuff out and it worked! :D
    The teabag was in my pocket because I was in the canteen in work making a cuppa and needed to leave the room and opposed to leaving it on the probably dirty counter I popped it into my top pocket in the shirt and later forgot to remove it then.... Won't be making that mistake again!:P

Advertisement