Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal to the kindness of strangers ?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Me and my girlfriend just unexpectedly got two tix to Bruce. I have searched every guesthouse, doghouse and outhouse but the town is booked out.
    Hoping that some kind soul in the city may have a spare room that he/she would be willing to rent or even better offer gratis.
    The plan is to arrive early, leave the car and stuff at the house, head to gig and roll home quietly ( well maybe humming The River ) ) about 2am and fall into the scratcher.
    Will make a big fry up for all on Sunday and then hit the road.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Have you tried troys gate? The bailey? or castle view inn?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bugalugs

Arawn wrote: »
    Have you tried troys gate? The bailey? or castle view inn?

No joy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

contact kclr local radio or go online to them,rooms were offered for rent this morning and 1 b& b had 2 cancellations so definitely worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Buses running from Waterford 15euro return, Should be plenty rooms in Waterford at reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Anyone going from Waterford can get train leaving at 11am arriving Kilkenny at 11.33am returning 11.30pm for €14.50 return. Very good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bugalugs

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Where would the equilibrium point where, the trade off, of allowing a stranger into your house and a spare room, worry, breakfast and other things to take into account and the monetary compensation to make up for that without being seen as a money grabber?

I need figures people

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

well its done everyday by people running s b&b, and some people would be generous enough to alloe them.
    Unfortunatly everything in kilkenny is booked as far as carlow, u would be lucky to get a place, and ive heard of people paying quite huge amounts to stay in shabby hotels for the event, if you have a caravan or know someone with one I think the hub are allowing people park em up there, hope that helps!!
    Good luck finding a place

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Newpark Hotel have just put up a tweet stating they have limited rooms available.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

has there been an update on the OP's situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I Pm'd to help out but got no response.
    Presume he found something as there was nothing from him since

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Think he would've come on to say thanks, let people know he wasn't still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I Pm'd to help out but got no response.
    Presume he found something as there was nothing from him since

Cheers thanks for the helpful response :)

Advertisement