Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva health insurance - 3 months to claim

Options
  • 23-07-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone else here encountered this "get out" clause that I have learned about today where you have 3 months from the end of you policy to claim for money you may be owed for outpatient appointments you may have had during the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Has anyone else encountered the three months limit? Yes, every customer of the VHI - you have to submit your claim with receipts within three months of your renewal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Yes, it's stated in the policy documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

D'OH!
    Never knew there was such a limit. Got a shock when I found out as am owed a fair bit of money.
    Just think that its not much time but maybe I should be more organised. Didn't see it in the small print when I booked my cover. Didn't see it anywhere actually but it must be there I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

mick kk wrote: »
    D'OH!
    Never knew there was such a limit. Got a shock when I found out as am owed a fair bit of money.
    Just think that its not much time but maybe I should be more organised. Didn't see it in the small print when I booked my cover. Didn't see it anywhere actually but it must be there I guess.

Send them in, if they don't pay it then write a letter of complaint. They'll pay it eventually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Hi mick kk, did you have any joy with this?

Advertisement