Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamut - Irish and International Photography Platform

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

So whats the deal with licensing, copyright, ownership of the images once submitted? I can't see any fine print?

Whats in it for the submitting photographer other than getting best photo of the day on a website is what I want to know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the one piece i can see about copyright is a statement that copyright remains with the copyright owners. they do not seem to be claiming any further rights over images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gamutmag

The site is in it's infancy, we're doing an update today in regards our T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Your daily photo page should allow for a hyperlink back to the photographer's flickr/500px or personal website.

There's not much incentive to submit if you only get a copyright credit. At the moment it seems like it's just free content for the website operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

amdgilmore wrote: »
    Your daily photo page should allow for a hyperlink back to the photographer's flickr/500px or personal website.

There's not much incentive to submit if you only get a copyright credit. At the moment it seems like it's just free content for the website operators.

Exactly. I'm not saying it won't be a good website/idea but people need to know more. Are their images going ot be used for free while the operator recoups money from advertising revenue and the photographers don't get anything else from it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

some nice stuff there, mind.
    i don't like photos of homeless people, but i wouldn't expect to like everything on the site. some nice design - but some of the daily photos are quite small. is there a plan to make them visible in a larger format?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The whole notion is a little vague as well. Keeping the focus more specific might be of benefit.

"a digital platform aimed at showcasing Irish and International photography"

Translates as "a website with photographs". There's no statement there, nor is there anything interesting or novel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement