Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia A+ practice exam questions

Options
  • 23-07-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could reccommend a decent practice exam book/download for the 801/802 Comptia A+ exams.

I've had a look around the internet and have come across a few resources (like the following tests, which I will admit, I found a bit tricky in parts..). I've done all of them at this stage and I'd like some more material to work on. I know there are a lot of downloadable practice exams out there but a lot of them are in .vce format, for which I can't seem to find anything to open them with (I know I could actually pay for Visual CertExam).

At this stage I don't mind investing a bit of cash in a decent book or ebook; ideally one that provides detailed feedback on answers, giving reasons why wrong answers are wrong as well as why right answers are right.

Recommendations appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Mike Meyers A+ passport book is a great book and will most likely have a lot of Q&As inside, been a good few years since I read it.

I just had a look at that .vce format, looks like people use it for braindumps so best to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I have the old books from a couple of years ago you can have if willing to collect in Dublin city. Also google professor messer (yes he is real) great site for learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭j.s. pill II

bumper234 wrote: »
    I have the old books from a couple of years ago you can have if willing to collect in Dublin city. Also google professor messer (yes he is real) great site for learning.

Thanks but I'm based in Cork. And I do use the Professor Messer videos, a really fantastic resource!

I'd be a bit wary about getting any practice books from Mike Meyers. I have his 801/802 exam guide (top notch book by the way) and there's a CD included that has a demo of his 'total tester' application. There are 100 sample questions included in the demo but I just found them to be way too easy (or maybe I'm just super smart, I don't know...). I'd be looking for something a bit more challenging so I'd be adequately prepared for the exams.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

i used comptia a+ exam cram pearson, the exam i sat was booked through pearsonvue.com and the exam was laid out the same way as the practice exams in this book.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

examcollection was right good, bought the software and was well worth it

• Advertisement

The Pearson one in pretty good alright. The questions are of a good standard and the detailed explanations are very helpful indeed. Check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LFCGavin

Hi Everyone, I would like to get MCSA certified. Does anyone know if I HAVE to have CompTIA A+ cert first? I have been working in IT support for 15 years but am not certified and now the company is making us redundant. I've been thinking about getting certified to help get a new job.
    Appreciate all replies,
    Cheers,
    Gavin.

Are the books still available?

The Pearson one in pretty good alright. The questions are of a good standard and the detailed explanations are very helpful indeed. Check it out

Is it possible pass the test just studying the Exam Cram pdf?

I presume it's one of the Server or Windows 7 configuring MCSAs you're looking at?

No, A+ is not a prerequisite for either. No major point in getting A+ if you can manage to get any of the certs connected to the above under your belt. Unless perhaps, you wanted to get in to PC repair or something.

• Advertisement

I presume it's one of the Server or Windows 7 configuring MCSAs you're looking at?

No, A+ is not a prerequisite for either. No major point in getting A+ if you can manage to get any of the certs connected to the above under your belt. Unless perhaps, you wanted to get in to PC repair or something.
    Would lke to get into server Admin.

LFCGavin wrote: »
    Are the books still available?

Books are still available if anyone wants them and can collect from Dublin citty center Mon to Fri

bumper234 wrote: »
    Books are still available if anyone wants them and can collect from Dublin citty center Mon to Fri

I work in portobello harbour dublin 8 Mon-Fri. I'm normally in for 7ish. Maybe I could meet you somewhere some morning?

LFCGavin wrote: »
    I work in portobello harbour dublin 8 Mon-Fri. I'm normally in for 7ish. Maybe I could meet you somewhere some morning?

I work D'Olier st Mon to Fri from 7 if you want them you will need to head down (or ask someone else to collect them. Give me plenty of notice too as i will have to bring them into town and am not always in city.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

Hi

Im doing this course also along with network +. I use the examcram and mock exams alright.
    What I would be interested is if there are any exercises available. I find this can be very tedious to just study theory. If anyone knows of any online exercises that would be great

Thanks

Advertisement