Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got an email from Amazon.co.uk - IGNORE! N/A to Éire

Options
  • 23-07-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not a bargain as such, but good to know shipping is being reduced.

Soarer,

We’re writing to you about our Free Super Saver Delivery service.

We wanted to let you know that Amazon.co.uk has introduced a £10 minimum spend to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery in a number of product categories, effective 23 July 2013.

Orders that include books, DVDs, Blu-rays, music, video games and software products continue to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery with no minimum spend threshold. So whether it’s a new release CD for £7 or a bestselling book for £5, you’ll continue to receive Free Super Saver Delivery on millions of items regardless of the amount you spend. In fact, you will continue to enjoy Free Super Saver Delivery on all orders that include these types of items, for example an order that includes a book for £3.49 and an HDMI cable for £4.49. For all other orders, a minimum total spend of £10 is now required to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery.

Whilst the change will affect only a very small proportion of orders, it will allow us to offer you a significantly expanded selection of lower priced products.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,210 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Reading between the lines there, I think you might be looking at an offer for the UK, not Ireland.
    Orders that include books, DVDs, Blu-rays, music, video games and software products continue to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery with no minimum spend threshold

This is not the case in Ireland at the moment, so it cannot be said to continue.

As has been said, this is for the UK. Not relevant to Ireland, and not a bargain alert. If it was relevant here is a better place for the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Soarer wrote: »
    Not a bargain as such, but good to know shipping is being reduced.

Soarer,

We’re writing to you about our Free Super Saver Delivery service.

We wanted to let you know that Amazon.co.uk has introduced a £10 minimum spend to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery in a number of product categories, effective 23 July 2013.

Orders that include books, DVDs, Blu-rays, music, video games and software products continue to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery with no minimum spend threshold. So whether it’s a new release CD for £7 or a bestselling book for £5, you’ll continue to receive Free Super Saver Delivery on millions of items regardless of the amount you spend. In fact, you will continue to enjoy Free Super Saver Delivery on all orders that include these types of items, for example an order that includes a book for £3.49 and an HDMI cable for £4.49. For all other orders, a minimum total spend of £10 is now required to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery.

Whilst the change will affect only a very small proportion of orders, it will allow us to offer you a significantly expanded selection of lower priced products.

Im not sure is this for Ireland

1) I didn't get this email

2) the boded part, "continue to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery with no minimum spend", we never got free delivery on those listed items before unless the total order was over £25 so i cant see how they are "continuing" to give anything

Im not sure is this for Ireland

1) I didn't get this email

2) the boded part, "continue to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery with no minimum spend", we never got free delivery on those listed items before unless the total order was over £25 so i cant see how they are "continuing" to give anything

I got this email, they probably sent it to you if you have at least one UK address in your address book, e.g. a Parcel Motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ah, sorry lads.

When I read it, I thought it was the £25 was being reduced to £10. Now that I read it again though, it reads like they're adding a new £10 charge to orders that would've normally been free!

Balls anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

I don't blame them.

People in the UK must have been HDMI cables for 99p and getting free P&p, can't see how that's a business model that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

welkin wrote: »
    I don't blame them.

People in the UK must have been HDMI cables for 99p and getting free P&p, can't see how that's a business model that works.

I did notice in the past few months that a number of low value items are now marked as 'Add on item' which means that mimumum purchase value required to get free shipping in UK also , we still have the £25 minimum spend in Rep of Ireland

Yup they're sneaking more and more catches in to their free shipping. The "Add On" nonsense and now this £10 crap. Only makes a difference if you're using the Parcel Motel address though. That "Add On" crap even applies if you're a Amazon Prime member which is really really low in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I am sick of Amazon refusing to deliver certain Items to Ireland. They refused batteries for my camera and motor brushes for my vacuum cleaner, so I do not bother with Amazon now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

DanWall wrote: »
    I am sick of Amazon refusing to deliver certain Items to Ireland. They refused batteries for my camera and motor brushes for my vacuum cleaner, so I do not bother with Amazon now

On a positive note in relation to Amazon,i just noticed that the warehouse deals section are now delivering into Ireland under the same terms as the main site.

Im not sure for how long this has been the case but last time i tried to buy from there they didnt deliver to Ireland at all,some very good reductions to be had on what are mainly open box products ranging from good to perfect condition.with a 30 day returns option

Apologies if this is already common knowledge!

They also run an add on scheme where you can purchase low priced items eg phone covers etc[that werent available on free delivery before] and once the combined total is £25 or over you get the free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

This email was sent only to people on the Amazon Associates program.

It's definitely only for people in the UK, i tried earlier. It still states in the Super Saver Delivery Terms that if you live outside the UK you have to spend £25

It's definitely only for people in the UK, i tried earlier. It still states in the Super Saver Delivery Terms that if you live outside the UK you have to spend £25

Nope, I got it and I'm not part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Nope, I got it and I'm not part of that.

Just to clarify, I'm an Amazon Associate and an Amazon Customer and I got both emails. It looks like they sent out the Associate's email before the Customer's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

DanWall wrote: »

99% of items that don't ship here are marketplace sellers you can't hold amazon responsble for third parties. Also if you really want something you can use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I'm an Amazon Associate and an Amazon Customer and I got both emails. It looks like they sent out the Associate's email before the Customer's.

It doesnt really matter as its not applicable to the Irish market :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

NATLOR wrote: »
    It doesnt really matter as its not applicable to the Irish market :confused:

Yes, I'm aware of that. Thank you for pointing that out :)

Did you see the (rather obvious) solution posted on HUKD? Just add the cheapest CD you can find and the £10 restriction goes away. Only relevant for UK addresses of course (such as Parcel Motel's)!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Couldnt help myself having a winge on an amazon thread , and apologies for going off topic a bit , but their despatch times are gone really poor in the past year , there was a time when it would be dispatched the next day , I placed an order Tuesday evening , standard stuff (books and runners) , all sold from Amazon directly , and still 'awaiting despatch' , not good enough imo. My wife placed an order with M&M direct on Tuesday ,despatched Wed, and got the goods today

The last few things I've got have all been sent through Royal Mail or Fastway UK. I don't know whether they're finished with An Post but as you might imagine delivery with AP takes much less time (about 2 days usually as opposed to 5 with the others).

Advertisement