Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badults - BBC3

Options
  • 23-07-2013 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭

I find BBC3 sitcoms a bit hit and miss but their latest one Badults starts tonight (Tuesday 23rd July) at 10.00pm.

It stars the comedy sketch troupe Pappy's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That.. was... dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty bad. I think I might have smiled at the pin number bit. I was nowhere near laughing at any of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I liked it, but then I like odd stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

I thought they squeezed a lot of ideas into the half hour but no laughs though.

I did think the signing girl was somewhat amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I'm watching this on BBC 3 now, came across it while channel hopping, this is atrocious, how did this end up being made? I can't believe how lame it is, complete with dodgy laugh track.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

brian_t wrote: »
    I thought they squeezed a lot of ideas into the half hour but no laughs though.

Ah, I was talking about the trailer. Was it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Just watched Episode two of this - It doesn't work for me, at all. It's a shame, they (the members of Pappys) come across very well in interviews, I wanted to like it.

They do a popular sketch show live in London and Edinburgh, but it doesn't seem to translate to Sitcom. They had a pilot on Channel 4 a few years ago which I thought was equally poor.

It isn't helped by the ridiculous laugh track which is far too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bloody horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

So bad, so so bad. I met one of them Pappys guys a few years ago at that annual comedy festival in the Iveagh Gardens, I shared my nachos with him, nice guy but this is just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I watched a scene of it and wasn't sure if it was a bad sitcom or a sketch making fun of bad sitcoms.

Either way I changed over and didn't go back.

Shame because I heard they're great live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Watched an episode, it was like a much poorer version of Bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

BBC Three sitcom Badults has been recommissioned for a second series.

Yes folks, its getting a second season.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/7833-badults-will-return-to-bbc-three-for-series-2

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Thrill wrote: »

According to that link it got 2.1m viewers, that's an average of 350,000 per episode. The BBC must have decided that it was enough to recommission.

Out of curiosity I just checked the BARB viewing figures for BBC3 week Sep 2nd-8th and one episode of Family Guy got 1.33m views by itself! Family guy appears to dominate BBC3!

1 FAMILY GUY (SUN 2203) 1,33m
    2 FAMILY GUY (SUN 2225) 978,000
    3 BAD EDUCA (TUE 2202) 975,000
    4 FAMILY GUY (TUE 2303) 888,000
    5 FAMILY GUY (WED 2324) 877,000
    6 FAMILY GUY (THU 2303) 859,000
    7 FAMILY GUY (WED 2302) 850,000
    8 FAMILY GUY (THU 2325) 837,000
    9 FAMILY GUY (FRI 2305) 833,000
    10 FAMILY GUY (FRI 2327) 810,000

Gamayun wrote: »
    According to that link it got 2.1m viewers, that's an average of 350,000 per episode.

According to that link 2.1 million viewers watched the first episode.
    The comedy series about an unconventional flat-share launched in July with 2.1 million viewers.

In relation to the second series Pappy's say
    Clearly people still want a big, knockabout show full of stupid jokes. So that’s exactly what series two will be.

So I guess if you didn't like the first series then you won't like the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Aha! I misread. My bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I think that 2.1 million figure is heavily spun by the BBC -

The first episode premiered on the iPlayer (where it was heavily promoted) and they seem to be counting every click on the homepage as someone who watched the show (and they added that figure to those who watched it on BBC3, including the repeats).

None of the showings of Badults made the BARB Top 30 for 'other channels' (including the first week where they claim 2.1 million viewers) - http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-30 - 700,000 viewers would get a show on that list most weeks.

Series 2 starts on Monday 2nd June at 10.00pm

Advertisement